Dear Family and Friends,
I seriously considered not writing an update letter this year. But then I decided that too much has happened this year to skip writing a letter. After all, we did gain three kids and life changed a whole lot.
Kaley Ann was born January 17 and we have loved having her as part of our family. She has given our family a point to build around and she delights us everyday. She loves to chatter and Mamma is her favorite word. (Dadda is a close second though.) She’s entering the terror stage and loves to make messes. She also loves books like her mommy, shoes like her sister, strings and ropes like her brother, and snuggling like her daddy.
We adopted Jacob David and Makayla Christine on June 15. On July 25 they were sealed to us in the Salt Lake Temple. They have really blossomed having a permanent situation and knowing that they are a part of our family forever. It was wonderful to finish the adoption and to concentrate on building our family. We love them dearly and are so grateful they are a part of our family.
Jacob turned five on August 28, three days before he started Kindergarten. He loves going to school. He has loved learning the letters, their sounds, and is fascinated that putting letters together creates words. He is constantly writing “words” and asking us what they say and what they mean. He has grown up so much in the last year and come a long ways from where he was a year ago. His favorite activities are watching TV, coloring, being read to, and playing with Jarl and/or his sisters.
Makayla is our little drama momma. She turned four at the end of October and turns almost everything into a big deal. She is attending preschool four days a week in the afternoons and loving it. She loves being a big sister but hates being displaced as the baby. She is/tries to be a mom to her siblings and dolls and tell everyone what to do including Jarl and me. She continues to make us laugh with the funny things she says like observing that I was almost finished reading a book by saying “that book is almost ready to go back to the library.” She loves being snuggled and playing.
Jarl stays extremely busy and loves nothing more than being home with us. Our bishopric was reorganized the day after Kaley was born and he was retained as the second counselor. He’s busy working on the utility design of the Airport light rail line and will be working on the design for a bus rapid transit line on 5600 West when the Airport line wraps up. He finds time to play ultimate once a week with people at work and is an active participant in his Toastmasters club. All in all, he’s a busy guy who still does a good job of letting each of us know that he loves us.
I’m busy, busy, busy with three kids and their schedules. When I have a few spare minutes I continue to scrapbook and I’ve started a blog that I enjoy updating when I can. If you’re interested in more detailed updates on our family check out Our Motley Fam at http://ourmotleyfam.blogspot.com. I enjoy sharing my love of music weekly through being the chorister in our Primary and through teaching the piano to two of my nephews. I continue to love going to my book club once a month and reading as much as I can.
Molly and Penny continue to do well and have no major news to report for which we’re grateful. They do request more walks and we’re working on incorporating those into life but it’s a challenge. We did get Penny on the doggy version of Prozac so we could handle taking her camping and to help her stop eating all the books in the house.
In between surviving adjusting to three kids, daily living, and Jarl’s calling we managed to enjoy great vacations to Disneyland, Fish Lake, Lake Powell, and Trial Lake as well as some day activities such as ball games, museums, and a water park. We also were heavily involved in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication. We volunteered at the Open House and Jarl sang in one of the dedication choirs. It was a great experience for us and we feel blessed to have been able to participate. It has truly been an eventful year for us and we appreciate your love, friendship, and prayers.
Sincerely,
Nicole Jacobson
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment