Monday, January 18, 2010

First Week of January

The first week of January was a good normal week for us. I did happy dance on Monday when Jacob and Makayla went back to school and Kaley took a two hour nap. It was so nice to have some time to unwind even though I spent the whole time cooking. I cooked a lot that week.

Kaley is getting ready to cruise. She’s been practicing her standing and really likes being able to use both of her hands to play instead of balancing herself with one hand. Sunday the 10th she took her very first steps. They were little and shaky but she did and both Jarl and I watched and Jarl even video taped her. She’s going to be walking pretty quickly here. She’s so much fun.

One morning Makayla asked me, “Is it tomorrow?” I just laughed at her. How do you really answer that for a four year old?

Friday evening the 8th while Jarl ran into the bank, the kids and I waited in the car. There was a blue SUV a few spaces over with two Chihuahuas in it. Jacob didn’t know what kind of dogs they were so he called them “kichow-wows.” Silly kid.

We went to Ikea that evening to look for a new bookshelf for the desk room. We rearranged a few things in the desk room in mid-November and painted. And we finally just got around to buying the bookshelf to fit into the odd space on the north side of the room. It’s nice to have and has freed up some other space. Now I just need to make time to clean out and organize the filing cabinet and I think we’re set in the desk room. Too bad that’s the only room that will be the way we want it.

Jarl’s training to run the Salt Lake City half marathon in April. He’s excited to get back into shape and is looking forward to spring ultimate. He’s busy at work and happy to have a secure job even though it keeps him really busy (he worked 44 hours last week). Church stuff seems to be going well for him for the most part and we’re really enjoying having him home more on Sundays although the trade off is late nights (like 9:30 or 10:00) on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

All in all, life is good even with the hidden stressors. We’re grateful for our family, our home, Jarl’s job, and all of our many blessing, not the least of which is our membership in the true Church and our Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment