Sunday, December 5, 2010

Happy Halloween (in December?)

I’ve been meaning to get this posted and finally made it happen today. Halloween is such a fun holiday with kids. Jarl always carved a pumpkin every year and we always passed out candy, but it was a pretty low key holiday for us until we had kids. We had a great day. We enjoyed carving pumpkins. The kids got to design their own (and thus the interesting, non-symmetrical faces). They love carving pumpkins. Kaley was thrilled to be a part of it all. And I was so busy taking pictures of everyone else that I didn’t get a picture of me with my pumpkin because now that I have kids I too join in the fun.









They also had a lot of fun dressing up. Kaley was a dog since she pretends to be a dog often and my mom found her a cute costume. Makayla opted to be the purple dinosaur again this year. And Jacob was thrilled to be a snow leopard. I was thrilled that I didn’t have to do anything with the costumes except help the kids put them on thanks to my mom and Erika already having the costumes. Jarl dressed up as a Pony Express Rider (minus the hat which was misplaced until a week later) and I opted not to dress up because I don't like to.


The kids didn’t get nearly as much candy this year as they did last year thanks to the rain and other circumstances. They did enjoy the trunk or treat at the church though. It only took Kaley about a minute to figure out the trick or treating thing—you walk up to people and hold out your bag and people put candy in it. She loved it but ended up dragging her bag on the ground when it got too heavy for her to carry. It was a fun day. Now to answer the question of when Halloween is again for the next ten months.

No comments:

Post a Comment