As promised, here’s a post about what has occupied almost all my time for the last 7 to 8 weeks. But I’ll start with the fun stuff and then you can read about it if you want. I’ve changed how I scrapbook and I love what I’m creating now. I just wish I had more time, less interruptions, and less eye strain so I could do more of it.
The day came in mid-August when I was feeling uninspired and was chaffing at the limitations of my scrapbooking program. So I started looking online for some inspiration. And I found an incredible online community of talented scrapbookers. They provide great stuff to scrap with, lots of inspiration, and even motivation. I have a new program with more versatility and terrific organizational tools.
I also decided to switch to working in 12 x 12 inch format rather than 8.5 x 11, but I also love working in other sizes like one suitable for a desktop for my computer monitor. Another decision I made was to do scrapbooks for each of my kids instead of just doing my “family” scrapbook like I had planned. This means I have three times as much scrapbooking to do, but it also gives me a wider range as my creative outlet and will hopefully be appreciated by my kids.
I have loved the changes I’ve made. And I have loved working in a square. I love the functionality of my new program. Working with predesigned books has helped a lot with two projects I’ve worked on but never really did much with. I love being able to download free and purchased stuff from the Internet and organize it the way I want it organized. And I love how my layouts are turning out and I feel like I’ve taken my hobby to the next level. I love working with some scrapbooking forums for inspiration and motivation. And this is how I’m spending all of my time instead of reading, cleaning, blogging, and whatever else I’m suppose to be doing.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








nice job... so what is the name of the new program. I like the idea of doing scrapbooking on the computer, I just never get around to doing it. It would help if I had a good program.
ReplyDeleteWe should plan a night and work on things together!!! Make it a girls night!!
ReplyDelete