When you have four kids, a house, dogs, a full-time job, etc., being spontaneous doesn’t happen much—like once in a blue moon. Our blue moon was the first Tuesday in September. Makayla brought a flier home from school about Be Well Utah: A Family Health Week. While looking at it I noticed there was free admission to Red Butte Garden that day. Jarl had mentioned a month or so earlier that he’d like to go sometime since we’ve never been. I called him and he said let’s go. So I packed the kids into the car and we went. It was fun to be spontaneous. Emma enjoyed her ride in the front pack and we all enjoyed doing something fun together.
Jarl and I saw Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat at the Hale Center Theatre the second Saturday. We took my parents for their Mother’s and Father’s Day presents. The show was spectacular and we had so much fun. As always we were amazed at the local talent (my dad commented on it too) and appreciated their efforts. Jarl and I hummed the songs for weeks afterward. Jarl and I have really enjoyed our season tickets this year.
Emma’s one month checkup went fairly well. Dr. Johnson had been a little bit concerned about her growth since she weighed the exact same at her two week checkup as when she was born. But she gained 6 ounces in two weeks resolving that concern. She was still quite yellow so they checked her bilirubin levels again just to make sure she was okay. They came back the same as they were at age one week so they quit worrying. She doing well and she's a delight to have.
The first day of autumn was Friday the 23rd and the kids didn’t have school so my mom and I took them up to Silver Lake. It was the first time I’d been up to the mountains this year because I felt so awful all summer. It was so nice to go do something fun and enjoy this beautiful place we live. We even saw some fall color. We ate lunch and then walked around the lake. The kids enjoyed feeding their sandwiches to the ducks and the fish.
The month ended with book club at my house. I’ve enjoyed being a part of this book club for the last three years. I look forward to girls’ night out once a month and spending time with my friends. As a mom it’s hard to do things with friends because I’m so wrapped up in the kids, the family’s schedule, and everything that happens at home. I look forward to laughing, sometimes talking about the book we read, and just forgetting my responsibilities for an hour and a half or so a month.









No comments:
Post a Comment