Monday, January 16, 2012

1st Half of January

Jarl’s busy, busy at work. At least he gets to come home everyday. He bought a PS3 the day after Christmas so he could play NCAA Football again. He’s sad that college football is over but he’s enjoying watching basketball games and playing PS3 when he has a few minutes.


Jacob’s doing great. He loves school and is a good speller and loves science. He doesn’t love math but he does okay in it. He has been a bit frustrated with his friends and tells us sometimes they don’t play with him. I hate that that happens but it’s so normal and he’s such a friendly kid he could make friends with a fence so I just remind him to be friendly and he’ll find someone to play with. His grammar has worsened in the last six weeks. He’s taken to saying “I done . . .” all the time. It bugs me but whatever. He’ll get over it.


Makayla is doing awesome. On her last testing she got all the letters right, all the sounds she knows, and all the sight words they’ve learned. It was so cool to see that perfect test from her. She loves school and is just blossoming. She lost her two top middle teeth giving her cute a smile. She's had that sore on her forehead since the beginning of November and wont' leave it alone so it can heal. Jarl's started calling her his little Amlicite (see Alma 3:4). She also loves sounding out words. When we read the scriptures together, we let her read the words she knows when it’s her turn and she loves that.


Kaley is my beast baby. I love her so much, but she is such a beast. After 6 weeks of potty training, we can have a perfect day if I remember to make her go every 2 hours. She has only said she needed to go and gone five times in all that time and she’s never pooped in the toilet. Sorry, more details than needed but when a child is potty training it’s a HUGE part of life. Mostly for her and me, but it does affect the whole family. She got her hair cut last week. When she got in the chair, she said “I want it short” so we cut it to her chin. She likes doing her hair herself which means she brushes it out in the morning and sometimes puts a flower in it and rarely lets Jarl or I help. And if we do, she pulls it out sometime during the day. She loves the blue petticoat Grandma Jacobson and Aunt Erika got her on clearance after Halloween and has worn it every day for two weeks with everything. She had a meltdown when Jarl pulled it off her to wash it on Saturday. She put it back on before it had time to finish drying after I pulled it out of the washing machine. She also plays princess everyday and the other day she included Emma.



Emma is a delight and an angel baby. The best thing about her is that she's been sleeping through the night for the past two months. See, I told you she was an angel baby. She loves playing and just hanging out. She’s playing with toys and rolling over now. She’s also so squirmy that she moves herself around a bit on the floor. She loves interacting with others. Last week when my mom was at our house for a few minutes Emma was sitting on my lap and trying to get her attention so she’d play with her. It was pretty funny to watch. She doesn’t like solid foods though. I can’t complain because she’s such a good, happy baby but the solid food thing has been a bit of a struggle. We’re working on it and hoping it will get better soon. She much prefers milk though. She's giggling now and getting ticklish which is really fun.


The only other notable thing from the last two weeks was story time at the library. Kaley, Emma, and I went Thursday after dropping Makayla off at school for the first time. I was impressed with girl who did it. She was great with the kids. They sang a song, read a story, sang two more songs and danced, read a second story, and then colored a picture. Emma loved watching and being a part of it. She kicked and squealed and grinned through the whole thing. We’ll have to go again.

Here's a pic of the kids in their Christmas footwear.


Sometimes I manage to squeeze a bit of me time in scrapbooking. Here's some of the pages I've manage to finish the last few weeks.

This is Kaley from October 11, 2009.
Kaley playing with the wrapping (news)paper on Nicole’s birthday in 2009.
Fun at Copperton Park July 11, 2009.
Father’s Day 2009
The Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedicatory Choir Jarl sang with on August 21, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment